Global Running Day – Running Every Single Street
Run Local Wednesday 2021 Week #22
Runner’s from around the world today celebrate Global Running Day! In today’s Run Local Wednesday we’re inviting you to explore your neighborhood in a way you may never have done so, challenge you to a summer’s long journey of fitness and provide tips on form & pace in California Elite Fitness’ workout of the week.
Every. Single. Street. Telegraph Hill
Today marks day one of this unique experience with conceptual runner and Salomon athlete, Rickey Gates, to literally run every single street in San Francisco’s Telegraph Hill neighborhood between Global Running Day, June 2 and June 30.
This is a FREE event and you can also choose to run 10’ish miles in a neighborhood of your choosing. First 500 to submit complete and submit their routes win an exclusive medallion custom-designed by Aravaipa.
📣 Share with us your #RunLocalWednesday running route, post-run coffee shop, restaurant, or other local favorites on social for a chance to be featured in an upcoming newsletter and win Run Local gear.
CA Coast 500 Summer Mileage Challenge
🏃♀️🏃♂️ CA Coast 500 prices increase on Tuesday, June 8 at 11:59pm PT. Join the Run Local community from around the world in accomplishing a summer mileage goal of 100, 250, 400 or 500 miles through Labor Day, Monday, September 6. Runners, walkers and those enjoying any activity that moves them are welcome!
For the Love of Running + Form & Pacing Tips
“It is not just for physical fitness, but for emotional and mental fitness
and really to be part of something that is much bigger than yourself.”
Deena Kastor, Olympian & American Record Holder
Wednesday, June 2nd is Global Running Day! It is a day that celebrates the sport of running and encourages people of all ages and abilities to get out and run in support of living happier, healthier lives. Global Running Day is a great opportunity to share with you why we love to run!
For those who are new or considering getting into running, here are a few key reasons why you should start!
- It’s FREE! All you need is a pair of shoes and you can start running as soon as you step out your front door.
- You’ll see improvement in both your physical and mental state. Consistent training will not only improve your physical state through increased strength and endurance, but it can also boost your self-confidence and mental state as you lose weight and start to achieve new milestones.
- It’s a great way to meet, encourage, and be encouraged by others. Running with others creates friendships and a community of like-minded individuals who are all working towards a common wellness goal.
For those more experienced runners, who are perhaps reaching a plateau in terms of progress and performance, here are a few variations that you might want to consider:
- Interval Training. Mix up workouts by changing speeds through interval training. This style of training adds length changes and different stress levels to muscles, improving strength and mobility.
- Hill Running. Similar to Interval Training, driving muscles harder through hill running will add strength building and variation to your routine.
Coaching and inspiring our community to run is one of the foundations of CEF. Helping new runners get started and pushing existing runners to the next level in their journey is what we love to do. Whatever your level, it’s important to have a good understanding of the basics. Run form and proper pacing are essential and can make running easier and more enjoyable. Coach John’s video explains the fundamentals of good form and pacing in this week’s YouTube video.
For more information please visit us at the following: