Event weekend kicks off on Thursday, April 21at REI Saratoga with a special Participant Packet Pick-Up & Group Run; concludes with the Sunday, April 24 8k and Half Marathon finishing at Santana Row; event benefits the Pat Tillman Foundation Scholars
San Jose, Calif. (April 21, 2022) – Runners from around California are returning to Run Local’s original running party, the San Jose 8k & Half, after a two-year hiatus. The Sunday, April 24 event in downtown San Jose features fast and flat courses beginning near the SAP Center and concluding at the one-of-a-kind Santana Row finish line. Owned and operated locally, the event benefits the Pat Tillman Foundation and has raised over $100,000 since the event’s inception in 2012.
“Our entire team has been energized since the San Jose Shamrock Run in March and are looking forward to cheering on all of our participants toward their finish line at beautiful Santana Row,” commented Run Local President, Aaron Jacobsen. “It takes many partners from the local run group to city agencies to our amazing sponsors and hundreds of volunteers to pull off this event; we can’t thank the community enough for supporting this San Jose tradition.”
Race weekend kicks off at a special participant Packet Pick Up at REI Saratoga from 4:00pm – 7:00pm on Thursday, April 21, where runners can fuel up for Sunday with a special store discount, enjoy a casual Group Run led by the Bay Area Run Club (BARC) and a post-run Race Prep + Course Q&A.
The party then moves to Santana Row for Friday and Saturday’s participant Packet Pick Up followed by Race Day on Sunday, April 24. The Half Marathon begins at 7:30am and the 8K follows at 8:30am. Once again participants will be led out by San Jose’s very own Boulevard Bombs Foundation low rider car club and will enjoy the unique Mariachi Mile with local bands providing the final energetic push runners love prior to entering Santana Row for their finish.
Race Weekend Schedule
Thursday, April 21
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ REI Saratoga – Shop for race day goodies & save with your Bib!
- 6:00pm – Group Run led by the Bay Area Run Club (RSVP) + Race Prep & Course Preview Chat
Friday, April 22
- 1:00pm – 6:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Santana Row
Saturday, April 23
- 10:00am – 2:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Santana Row
Race Day – Sunday, April 24
- 6:15am: Bib Pickup Opens (corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St) – $10 convenience fee applies for day-of bib pickup, please read below for more information and arrive early to lessen your wait time.
- 7:30am: Half Marathon Start
- 8:30am: 8K Start
- 8:30am: Santana Row Finish Line Festival opens – Grab your finisher’s medal and stick around to celebrate, enjoy specials from Santana Row businesses and more.
- 10:00am: 408kids Race presented by Green Waste of San Jose Report to Starting Line
Share your 408k ‘Race to the Row’ experience with hashtag #SANJOSE8K & #SANJOSEHALF and learn more as well as register at: www.run408k.com
About Run Local Events
Since 2012, Run Local has brought locally produced events to California that celebrate its runners, artists, and unique regional diversity. Its annual series of events include the San Jose Shamrock Run 5K & 10K (March), San Jose 8K & Half Marathon (April), California Coast 500 Mile Challenge (Summer), Across the Bay 12K & 5K presented by Salomon (August), the Salomon East Bay 5K & 10K (October) and the Santa Barbara Half Marathon (November).